Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 1

Today was my first day at work in Dubai Public library. I arrived there at 7:15 AM to make sure that I don't be late. When I arrived I asked the reception about my supervisor and they told me to talk to the secretary of the director of Public Libraries Department because she is responsible for the work placement and stuff. So, I waited their about 1 hour and half until she came. After she came, I introduced myself to her and she told me that we have to transfer you to the electronic library which is in Umm seqeim because you can apply your major their better and for today I have to stay and work with them.

Then they introduce me to some employers that I work with them today in department of supply. the employer "Maryam Al-Mulla" ask me to help her and I told her I’m happy to do that since there is not a lot of work to do and I have to do something during the 7 hours.



My first work was to label the books with stickers that have numbers and letters on them to make it recognizable which was very easy and everybody can do it but I have to be careful that each code are on the right book.

Here is the picture of the labels that I should put it on the books and each books have different code.


Here when I’m labeling the books.

After I finished labeling the books I set for a 10mins and then I felt that I’m bored and I have to do something to let the time passes so, I asked Maryam Al-Mulla again if she need help because I saw that she has many work to do.

So, my second task was to categories the books according to the areas and put in the shelves.

At the end of the day I was so happy to meet nice and friendly people and I was sad because i will not work with them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment