Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 2

Today was my first day in Umm seqeim electronic library. First when I arrived I met my supervisor “Dora Al Hamadi” and she welcomed me then she introduced me to the rest of the employers who are Hessa, Maha, Sabra and Rania. After that, she printed my work plan and gave it to me. The work plan include the exact place which I will work in and the tasks that I should do and what the training materials that I should learn during my work placement.

And this the picture of my work plan


After I received my work plan, Sabra who is on of the employers in e-library showed me the place to identify the current awareness services and electronic services in the library. Then, she started to teach about some important forms that they use it in daily basis. She showed to me the duty resumption form, leave request form and the membership form. I learned from this the important contents of each form and what we should write in each field.Also, I learned how to do make a member ship card and the prices of the types of member ships card.Furthermore, I learned about the main program that the all libraries around Dubai is using it which is called Horizon. This program used by employers in daily basis to insert the bar code of books and to upload all the new books and newspaper that they have it’s like a database.





About 10:30 “Maha” told me that if your I’m interesting to attend the session with visitors from school and to help her to prepare the gifts for the games and I said I’m happy to help her. This session was to teach the students about the important of reading and how they use the facilities in the library. Finally, I really enjoyed my time and I had fun with those beautiful kids also, it was good to get out of routine.


Some of the gifts that I Packaged




The students while they are coloring


No comments:

Post a Comment